This is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any state government agency.

Get a New Florida Drivers License

To get your new Florida drivers license you will need to follow a few steps.
Florida's regular driver license class is called Class E which also stands for Non Commercial drivers license.

You'll need the following for your visit to the Florida DMV
  • Pass a Driving Test
  • Pass a Road Rules Test
  • Pass a Road Signs Test
  • Pass a Vision Test
  • Pass a Hearing Test
  • If this is your first time applying you'll need to pass a Traffic Law and Substance Abuse course.
  • Proof of Identification
  • Proof of Social Security Number
  • Proof of Residential Address
  • Proof of Legal Presence if you are not a US Citizen
Example of Proof of Identification
  • Certified United States birth certificate, including territories and District of Columbia
  • Valid United States Passport or Passport Card
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad
  • Certificate of Naturalization, Form N-550 or Form N-570
  • Certificate of Citizenship, Form N-560 or Form N-561
Example of Proof of Social Security
  • Social Security card must be an original in your current full name
  • W-2 form (not handwritten)
  • Pay check/stub
  • SSA-1099
  • Any 1099 (not handwritten)
Example of Proof of Residential Address
  • Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental/lease agreement
  • Florida Voter Registration Card
  • Florida Vehicle Registration or Title
  • Florida Boat Registration or Title (if living on a boat/houseboat)
  • Two proofs of residential address from applicant's parent, step-parent, legal guardian or other person with whom the applicant resides, along with (see next)
  • A statement from a parent, step-parent, legal guardian or other person with whom the applicant resides, combined with two proofs of their residential address (see above)
  • A utility hook up or work order dated within 60 days of the application
  • Automobile Payment Booklet
  • Selective Service Card
  • Medical or health card with address listed
  • Current homeowner’s insurance policy or bill
  • Current automobile insurance policy or bill
  • Educational institution transcript forms for the current school year
  • Unexpired professional license issued by a government agency in the U.S.
  • W-2 form or 1099 form