This is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any state government agency.

Florida Drivers License Name Change

Changing your name on your Florida drivers license is very easy.If you would like to update or change the name on your license immediately then you must visit your local Florida DMV Office.

Get started by selecting one of these 3 options.

  1. Apply Online
  2. By Mail (read instructions below)
  3. Physically showing up to your local Florida DMV Office
You must complete the following steps to process your name change
  1. Show Proof of Legal Name Change
  2. Surrender your old license
  3. Pay the fee for a license replacement. Please read more here

Documents Required

Proof of Identification

  • Certified United States birth certificate, including territories and District of Columbia
  • Valid United States Passport or Passport Card
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad
  • Certificate of Naturalization, Form N-550 or Form N-570
  • Certificate of Citizenship, Form N-560 or Form N-561

Proof of Social Security

  • Social Security card must be an original in your current full name
  • W-2 form (not handwritten)
  • Pay check/stub
  • SSA-1099
  • Any 1099 (not handwritten)

Proof of Residential Address

  • Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental/lease agreement
  • Florida Voter Registration Card
  • Florida Vehicle Registration or Title
  • Florida Boat Registration or Title (if living on a boat/houseboat)
  • Two proofs of residential address from applicant's parent, step-parent, legal guardian or other person with whom the applicant resides, along with (see next)
  • A statement from a parent, step-parent, legal guardian or other person with whom the applicant resides, combined with two proofs of their residential address (see above)
  • A utility hook up or work order dated within 60 days of the application
  • Automobile Payment Booklet
  • Selective Service Card
  • Medical or health card with address listed
  • Current homeowner’s insurance policy or bill
  • Current automobile insurance policy or bill
  • Educational institution transcript forms for the current school year
  • Unexpired professional license issued by a government agency in the U.S.
  • W-2 form or 1099 form